May 20, 2009
Smart tips for smart irrigation month
SMART STARTOn May 5, 2009, Rep. John Linder (R-Ga.), Jim Costa, (D-Calif.) and Bart Stupak, (D-Mich.) introduced a resolution in the U.S. House of Representatives celebrating July 2009 as Smart Irrigation Month. According to Congressman Linder, "This resolution ... supports the irrigation industry's efforts to educate the public on the importance of using water wisely, responsibly and efficiently."
Don't miss this opportunity to let customers know that you're part of this industry-wide effort to increase public awareness of water-use efficiency. Join other irrigation companies and professionals to provide real solutions to today's water challenges and position your company as a leader in water conservation.
FOCUS ON DISTRIBUTORSSmart Irrigation Month is an opportunity to educate contractors and other customers about systems and products that can save their clients time, water, energy and money. Promote your company and Smart Irrigation Month:
- Put a stack of Smart Irrigation Month bumper stickers on your counter for customers to take.
- Host a live demonstration of the latest water-saving products.
- Prominently feature smart irrigation systems and products at your location.
Don't wait until July to promote Smart Irrigation Month: Start today!
SMART STUFFPromote Smart Irrigation Month to your customers with low-cost marketing materials from IA:
- Bumper Stickers ($20 for 10)
- Labels ($50/roll of 250)
SMART RESOURCESFind free marketing tools online to promote Smart Irrigation Month:
- Logo artwork.
- Homeowner tips to install, maintain and plan right.
- Turf/landscape irrigation best practices.
SMART IDEASIt's easy to let customers know efficient irrigation can save water and dollars:
- Highlight Smart Irrigation Month in your company newsletter.
- Feature water-efficient products and services in promotions and product demos.
- Encourage employees to add the Smart Irrigation Month logo to e-mails.
- Include a link to www.smartirrigationmonth.org on your company's web site.
- Offer an incentive to sales reps who participate in dealer/distributor Smart Irrigation Month promotions.
- Host a Smart Irrigation Month field day.
- Stick a Smart Irrigation Month sticker on every box that goes out the door.
- Send a press release to your local newspaper highlighting a recent project.
For past issues of Smart Tips, click here
6540 Arlington Blvd.
Falls Church, VA