August 1, 2016
Patmore shuts its doors
After 133 years in business, Patmore Garden Centre and Nursery of Brandon, Man., closed its doors in July. Patmore’s was founded in 1883 by Henry Patmore, an English immigrant from a family steeped in the nursery business. Inducted into the province’s Agricultural Hall of Fame in 1978, Patmore was known for his commitment to greening Manitoba, particularly through his support of tree planting in urban streetscapes.