April 15, 2021
MLTSD Hosts Covid-19 Safety and Employment Standards Webinar
The Ministry of Labour, Training and Skills Development is hosting an online information session to help you understand your employment standards (ES) and occupational health and safety (OHS) rights and obligations as they relate to COVID-19.
The session will be delivered in English by subject-matter experts who will answer frequently asked questions the ministry receives about COVID-19, such as:
- What flexibility is there around changing hours of work?
- Can an employee be fired if they refuse to go back to work due to a family obligation related to COVID-19?
- Who is responsible for protecting workers against COVID-19 in the workplace?
- Can a worker refuse to work if they feel unsafe due to COVID-19?
- Can I take time off work to get a COVID-19 vaccine?
What you need to know about occupational health and safety and employment standards related to Covid-19
Thursday, April 29 - 10 AM – 12 PM
Thursday, April 29 - 2 PM – 4 pm