June 19, 2018
Participant Selection CriteriaA maximum of 25 participants from the design, construction and maintenance sectors will be selected for each FLP training program.
Up to three individuals from a company are able to participate, however, at this time we are only accepting one individual from each sector per company. For example, a company would be able to send one individual from their design team, one from their construction team and one from their maintenance team. Companies that specialize in one sector, are only able to send one individual to each training program.
To be eligible for the FLP program, the applicant(s) must have one of the following:
- Landscape Industry Certified Designer (CLD) designation
- Landscape Industry Certified Manager (CLM) designation
- Landscape Industry Certified Technician (CLT) designation
- College/University Diploma/Degree in a landscape/horticulture program, with a minimum of 4 years industry experience
- At least 10 years of pertinent landscape design/construction/maintenance experience
- The applicant(s) or the applicant’s company must provide service to clients in the Region of Peel or York Region (successful participants will receive marketing assistance from the regions);
- The applicant(s) or the applicant’s company must meet minimum industry standard insurance requirements;
- The applicant(s) or the applicant’s company is currently an active member of Landscape Ontario;
- A complete and accurate application form has been submitted.
**FLP participants understand that following certification, participants may be requested to enter into an agreement with the Regions for participation in the Region’s respective water efficiency programs.
Environmental Program Coordinator
Landscape Ontario Horticultural Trades Association
Phone: 1-800-265-5656, ext. 2397