October 2, 2019
Employer support needed by Oct. 8 for new training program
The Ontario Government is supporting Landscape Ontario in applying for a grant under the Skills Advance Ontario program that, if approved, will provide skills training and career development to 50-100 of your current workforce, as well as some much-needed basic training aimed at 250 new workers. The program will be strategically offered across the province where the most worker demand exists. The program is anticipated to provide a pipeline of new and up-skilled workers for spring and in late August of 2020.
This program will help to identify, train and develop future professionals for the skilled trades, providing industry identified and developed practical skills training that will benefit them on the job (through in-class and hands-on training).
We are asking employers to complete the attached Letter of Support to indicate their level of participation and commitment.
If you and your company could benefit from such a program, please follow the steps below and submit your Letter of Support no later than Tuesday, October 8, 2019 at 4 p.m.
Next steps for employers:
- Open the letter template
- Copy and paste the content onto your letterhead. Review and edit accordingly.
- Fill in the company information where there are yellow highlights
identified in the document (please remove the highlights before saving and submitting).
- Review and check off the boxes that reflect your firm's level of involvement/support. Please feel free to add more.
- Print, sign, and scan the letter.
- Email it directly to Sally Harvey at email@example.com before the deadline of Tuesday, October 8, 2019 at 4 p.m.
Thank you in advance for your support.