Compass online health and safety tool
The Workplace Safety and Insurance Board has launched Compass, a new online health and safety tool. For the first time, Ontarians can find and compare health and safety statistics for businesses across the province.
Using Compass, anyone can:
- See the number and types of injuries in a workplace;
- Get a sense of how serious those injuries were by looking at how many people were off work past the day of an accident and how many people are still receiving benefits a year after an accident; and
- Compare health and safety statistics for up to five different businesses at one time.
Compass and workplace health and safetyCompass can help businesses make decisions about health and safety and return-to-work strategies. The first phase of Compass will let you see how you compare to other businesses in your sector or rate group and get a sense of where you fall on:
- Lost time injury rates,
- Leading part of body injured statistics, and
- Lost time claims receiving wage loss benefits at one year.
You will also be able to see your injury claims and benefit payments by registration year.
You can use this data as information to take steps to a safer workplace. Future phases will give you even more information to help you make decisions about health and safety in your workplace.
Any business that had coverage with us from 2012 to 2016 will be included in Compass. If you had no injury or illness claims during that time, you will still appear on Compass but without any statistics.