Landscape Ontario Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging (DIB) Committee
Promoting diversity, inclusion, and belonging in our landscape and horticulture community
Landscape Ontario is a not for profit, volunteer-driven trade association. Dedicated to the advancement of the landscape/horticultural profession. We strive to ensure that we are a collaborative and inclusive organization where people of all genders, races, religions, nationalities, cultures, sexual orientations, languages, and abilities are welcomed and can feel comfortable, respected, and valued.
Are you interested in joining the conversation on diversity, equity and inclusion at LO? Email Ed Hansen at firstname.lastname@example.org to express your interest.
The Landscape Ontario Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging (DIB) Committee meets on a monthly basis to advance these areas across Landscape Ontario. Each committee member is committed to learning and growing in this ever-evolving sphere. Below you will find some of the helpful resources shared with committee members that you may find helpful in your own learning journey.
Resources:Last updated: March 31, 2023
- Measuring Progress - AIA
- How to launch your equity diversity and inclusion strategy at work
- Why Diversity Programs Fail
- Diversity and Inclusion Efforts That Really Work
- National Day for Truth and Reconciliation - Canada.ca
- Donovan Bailey: Listening and Speaking Your Truth
- Social Inequalities Explained in a $100 Race (Please watch to the end).
- Birds of All Feathers: Doing Diversity and Inclusion Right, by Michael Bach
- My Life in Full: Work, Family, and Our Future, By Indra Nooyi
- Lean In: Women, Work, and the Will to Lead, by Sheryl Sandberg
- Can You Hear Me Now?: How I Found My Voice and Learned to Live with Passion and Purpose, by Celina Caesar-Chavannes
- Transformative Leadership Primer: Shields, by M. Carolyn
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, Belonging toolkits
- CCDI diversity and inclusion Toolkits for the workplace
- Workforce Demographic Study
- Inclusion, Diversity, and Belonging Resources, Tools, and Tips — QuakeLab | DEI
- Learning Lab
- What Works Toolkit
- Context & Resources: Land Acknowledgements - March 2022
- Landscape Ontario Diversity Inclusion & Belonging Committee Terms of Reference - January 2023
- LO Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging (DIB) Committee DIB Discoveries - Fall 2023
Committee MembersEd Hansen, Chair
Lindsay Drake Nightingale
Jeff St. Denis, Culture Catalyst